Community Support Fund
Community Support Fund – Grants up to £4,000
Please note: The Community Support Fund is for grants up to a maximum of £4,000.
- There will be one round of funding in this financial year. (See Key Dates)
- Groups must meet the Community Development Priorities.
- Groups must apply to one particular District Electoral Area (DEA). If you are applying for Core costs, you will apply to the particular DEA where your organisation is based. Applicants for project costs must indicate the DEA that at least 80% of the project beneficiaries are from.
- The fund will cover both project costs and/or core costs (excluding salaries/wages) to a maximum of £4,000.
- Groups may only submit one application.
Project costs definition: A project cost is directly related to a specific function based on need. It has a start and end date and can clearly demonstrate a specific function that is measurable by the use of defined, targeted outputs and success criteria.
Core costs definition: A core cost is any cost related to the day to day running of the organisation. It is a cost attached to the groups operating or maintenance function that cannot be attributed to a specific project.
Who can apply for funding?
Constituted Voluntary Organisations, Community Groups, etc., who operate with community development as their core objective.
Organisations who have a project/service aligned within the Community and Social Outcomes and Actions of the Local Growth Plan (see Guidance Notes pages 6 & 7) and whose project/service will benefit residents in the Derry City and Strabane District Council area.
Please note: Sports Development projects/services are ineligible and will not be part of this process.
When applying for funding:
- You may contact relevant Council Officers before completion of your Application.
- Supporting documentation is required for successful applications only. Any additional information provided will not be considered in the Assessment Process.
All applications must meet the 60% threshold or above to be eligible for funding.
The Application Form is available upon request in a number of formats including Paper Format, Large Print, Braille, PDF, Audio Formats (CD, MP3, DAISY) and Minority Languages. For further information on alternative formats please contact: telephone (028) 7125 3253, text phone: (028) 7137 6646 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org