Community Centre Venue Fund
- There will be one round of funding in this financial year, however, funding will be for a three year period. (See Key Dates)
The Community Centre Venue Fund Application Form is used to apply for financial support from £4,001 up to a maximum of £12,000 (Tier One) or from £4,001 up to a maximum of £7,500 (Tier Two) from Derry City and Strabane District Council.
- You must make a choice to apply for either Tier One or Tier Two funding.
- Applications must score over 60% to reach the threshold to be considered for funding.
- Groups can only submit one application
The fund was established in recognition of the potential contribution Community Centres can make to communities, to the local economy and wider government policy priorities.
The primary purpose of the Community Centre Venue Fund is to promote the provision of good quality, independent, flexible, accessible facilities and services and to encourage good practice and partnership working between Council and the Community and Voluntary sector.
This document is available upon request in a number of formats including, large print, braille, PDF, Audio Formats (CD, MP3, DAISY) and minority languages. For further information on alternative formats please contact: telephone (028) 7125 3253, text phone: (028) 7137 6646 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Who can apply for funding?
The fund is open to constituted ‘not for profit’ organisations that are open, accountable and representative of the geographical area which they service. It is a competitive scheme and applications will be assessed on the quality of information provided within the application form.
Organisations whose centre delivers varied programmes or activities aligned with the Local Growth Plan priorities (see Guidance Notes page 4) and whose Centre will directly benefit residents in the Derry City and Strabane District Council areas.
When applying for funding:
- You may contact relevant Council Officers before completion of your Application. Contact details can be found on here
- Supporting Documentation is required for successful applications only. Any additional information provided at this stage will not be considered in the Assessment Process.